Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Gift of Presence - Pat

I’m not sure what to think or feel about this chapter. "It" overwhelmed me. I am not even sure what “it” is. Is “it” conviction? I have never offered myself to anyone suffering to the degree of those Kay Warren ministered to. Is “it” discouragement? I don’t have a clue of how to start ministering to people suffering so severely and honestly, not sure I want to. Is “it” sadness? Why does life have to be so bad for these people? What kind of difference could I make anyway? One thing I do know is, I did not like “it.”

Lord, please help me to process the emotions and frustrations and fears this chapter stirred up in my soul. I want to be used by You however You choose to use me. Please help me overcome all hindrances to serving and ministering to the suffering, whatever that may look like. Thank You for Your grace and mercy! In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment